Wednesday 17 June 2009

1943 On...

After having entered this content as accurately and true to A. R Christian's version as I could, I thought it may interest the reader to know what happened to the Company since.

Sadly, I never met A. R himself as he passed away before I was born and adopted by his son, W. T Christian (Bill) and his wife Patricia.

The company itself flourished until it was sold to Renold in the UK in 1970's and 80's.

After A. R gave up the reigns Bill ran the business with a real passion (and I remember much thought and consideration), and it should be noted he drove around New Zealand and visited business friends before quietly passing away in Auckland in 1987.

I had no natural interest in engineering so didn't join the company, but have spent my life learning how computers and then the internet works, and how to build things that are of use within the framework.

On completing this blog project I emailed the current CEO of Renold PLC and received this welcome and considered response (thanks Bob!):




No comments: