Saturday 31 March 2007

From The Author

BETWEEN OURSELVES!

August 1st, 1942 brought to mind the fact that it was the 21st Anniversary of trading for A R Christian Ltd, and I suppose it was quite natural for me to look back at the many milestones on the way, and from that cursory look back, there came to mind many interesting features of the flight, and then I wondered whether those facts may be of sufficient interest to other of my colleagues and friends to be worth while recording. Finally I decided that I would attempt a very brief synopsis of the high spots.

As it progressed, I found myself quite interested, and while what could have been recorded comprises considerably more than has been recorded, still in the main, my motive has been accomplished. While I am sure no apology is required to my friends for its bluntness in many parts, and while I hope it will not be necessary, still I would say that it was impossible for me to avoid my words when recounting certain features and incidents, from reflecting not my thoughts at this time, but my thoughts and feelings at the time of the happening; so I would like all who read this to remember that when I wrote of the past, I was in the past, and that impressions and conclusions of that time are not the same entirely as they would have been with the knowledge and experience since gained.

To quite a few whom I hope will read this, I trust that the facts and incidents recorded may with them, as with me, recall the greater multitude of facts and incidents unrecorded, and with those few, I feel that this little record will enable them to get a reasonably complete picture, and from that picture, get a little fun from the knowledge of their great assistance towards its possibility and the results.

As with everything in this world, all things haven't been pleasant, and all the road hasn't been straight; but in the main and running through the whole 21 years, there has been between our principals, our London Office and New Zealand, and between the New Zealand concern, its employees and its clients, that willing co-operative service which, I believe, has made possible that happy co-operation towards service, that has been recognised subconsciously by our clients here, and has registered that goodwill all round by which we live.

So with errors and omissions in this case excused, please accept the following reminiscences.

With my Compliments,

Arthur Richmond Christian

No comments: